Oriental and Area Rug CleaningOriental and area rugs serve many purposes, both decorative and functional. Like carpet, they are subject to wear and soil in heavy traffic areas, and trap dust and allergens in lesser used areas. Typically, area rugs are expensive investments, maybe even family heirlooms, so they should be professionally cleaned on a regular basis. Naturally, Teasdale Fenton carpet cleaning experts are just as handy with cleaning area rugs.
Teasdale Fenton will restore your area rugs to their original, beautiful condition and extend their life by protecting the fibers from harmful debris. Our in-plant service provides benefits you can’t get at home. All dry dirt is removed, before applying deeper cleaning. Fringes are carefully cleaned and combed by hand to ensure optimal results. Rugs stained by urine are soaked in our dedicated pool for total stain removal.
Our proven processes give area rugs a thorough, deep-down cleaning. We can treat stains in your area rugs and provide deodorizing when necessary. We always consider factors such as dimensional stability and colorfastness, and choose a cleaning method that is both safe and effective.
As an added value, Teasdale Fenton will pick up and deliver your area rugs, as well as roll them up and back out at no extra cost.
Tips for the care and cleaning of area rugs:
- Vacuum area rugs on a regular basis to avoid accumulating debris, which abrades fibers and wears out the rug.
- Area rugs should be professionally cleaned every two years. Rugs that are in heavily traveled areas may need to be cleaned more frequently. Too much time between cleanings may result in dirt becoming more deeply embedded in the fibers.
- Protect your area rugs with a good stain-resistant product sold by a knowledgeable and reputable rug and carpet expert.
- Address accidents and stains on area rugs immediately by calling a trained professional. General carpet cleaning and spot treating products found in grocery stores may be too harsh and cause permanent damage to the rug.
- Use padding under area rugs to protect the rug from wear and to provide a measure of skid resistance. Pads also add comfort and absorb noise.
- When purchasing area rugs, beware if the seller advises that the rug should not be cleaned. This may be indicative of an area rug that has been painted or has fugitive dyes.
- Avoid direct sunlight on rugs or rotate rugs in sunlight to avoid uneven fading.